- 2 slices of white bread
- 1 piece of bacon
- 1 x egg
- Spring onions
- 1/4 tomato
- Grated cheese (as much as you like)
- Soft butter
- Jaffle Maker
- Cook bacon using a non stick pan and cut them into small pieces. (Optional: add a little olive oil to cook your bacon.)
- Cut tomato and spring onions into tiny pieces.
- Lightly butter one side of the bread slices. Place one slice of bread with the buttered side facing down on the jaffle maker.
- Gently press down the middle of the bread to form a shallow “pit”.
- Crack an egg into the shallow “pit”.
- Top with bacon, tomato, spring onions and shredded cheese.
- Place the other slice of the bread on top, with the buttered side facing up and sauce-side down.
- Toast this bad boy for 5 minutes or until the light on the jaffle maker turns green and cheese is melted.
- Leave to cool for 3- 5 minutes before eating.
- Cut toastie into half and serve! Bon appetit!
You can also make a toastie version of this jaffle with the same recipe using a sandwich press or pan.
Enjoy! More easy toastie ideas >>